Venture Program for Entrepreneurial Success
ABOUT THE VENTURE PROGRAM
Seeing the need to support and foster entrepreneurs, Growth Dimensions focuses efforts on developing comprehensive, educational opportunities for aspiring and existing entrepreneurs. This program is designed to give entrepreneurs the tools and resources they need to build and grow their business now and keep it sustainable in the future.
PARTNERING WITH THE BEST
With support from the City of Belvidere and the Kauffman Foundation, Growth Dimensions was able to secure the Kauffman Foundations FastTrac Program, a world-renowned entrepreneurial education program, which provides Venture Program participants an immersive course designed to provide information, tips, exercises and tools to help entrepreneurs think about their business ideas.
DURING THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Discover how your business concept matches your personal vision.
- Align your business concept with real market opportunity.
- Learn how to set realistic financial goals for your business.
- Determine the unique features and benefits of your product/service.
- Find your target market and discover your competitive advantage.
- Define your company's brand and marketing.
- Learn how to manage business functions and develop an organizatinal culture.
- Determine the steps to profitability.
- Identify potential sources of funding for your business.
- Launch your business.
The Venture Program incorporates a full line up of course work and modules over a 10-week period designed to create a business plan from start to finsh.
In order to continue providing this valuable program to the community, there is a small participant tuition of $399.1
With your tuition, you will receive:
At Start & Throughout Cohort
- Venture-Branded Materials (i.e. pens, USB, t-shirt…)
- Access to Facilitator & Growth Dimensions Staff
- Access to Online FastTrac Modules, Tools and Resources
At Completion of the Cohort 2
- Cohort Graduate recognition in local print publication(s)
- Cohort Graduate recognized on Growth Dimensions website
1 Non-Refundable. 2 Participant must complete all sessions, modules and workspaces within the cohort, to receive benefits.
ONGOING BENEFITS FOR VENTURE ALUMNI
Just because you've graduated from the 10-Week FastTrac Course, it doesn't mean your benefits stop there. As a Venture Alumni, you will receive:
- Indefinite access to the FastTrac Portal
- Access to Growth Dimensions Staff
- Access to Entrepreneur Experts
- Invitations to Venture Events (such as expert speakers and networking opportunities)
- And more...
MEET THE FACILITATORS
A local entrepreneur, Matt Branom is a co-owner and Vice-President of the Boone County Shopper, a weekly publication that mails approximately 20,000 copies to 99% of Boone County, Illinois . Matt oversees the operational and sales aspects of the Boone County Shopper.
In addition to his work at the Boone County Shopper, Matt has a passion for business, which he shares as an Adjunct Professor at Rockford University, teaching the University's Senior Studies Capstone class in the Puri School of Business.
A graduate of the University of Illinois, Matt obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Finance. He also earned his MBA from the Kellogg School of Management with an emphasis on Marketing, Strategy and Finance.
Committed to his community, Matt is a member and Past President of the Cosmopolitan Club of Belvidere, a board member and Past President of the Belvidere Area Chamber of Commerce, President of the District 100 Charitable Foundation, Secretary of Growth Dimensions, board member and Past President of Boone County Crime Stoppers, and a board member of the Boone County Community Foundation. Concurrently, he vounteers as a softball coach.
Matt lives in Boone County with his wife, Tara, and their two daughters.
H.C. 'Bo' Boger
Bo began his Marketing and Management career with Hoechst-Roussel Pharmaceutical, at that time the largest pharmaceutical company in the world. The leading edge sales and management programs of Hoechst-Roussel helped develop his natural talents as a national sales performer and an outstanding manager. He was ranked in the top 5% in US sales 6 years in succession and quickly moved to the ranks of Sales Management.
Bo further developed his Leadership abilities with Dunhill Personnel by recruiting Vice Presidents of Nursing and Chief Financial Officers for hospitals across the country. Dunhill Personnel, the Franchisor, promoted him to regional business advisor and a national trainer assisting 95 Franchisees with their business strategy, hiring practices, business plans, strategic planning, and customized training programs to grow their business.
Corporate Resource Development, Inc., a focused, boutique consultancy located in Atlanta began using Bo’s proven sales experience and his management expertise to establish a targeted sales design, for their clients. CRD is a marketing, sales and consulting firm that delivers accelerated revenue strategies to middle-market companies experiencing commodity pressure in the business-to-business sale.
Following the unexpected death of his father-in-law, his wife’s family-owned manufacturing business, Franklin Display Group, (IL.) called for his business acumen to create, and execute a business growth plan in the fabricated steel industry. By implementing and managing a sales design over the next 15+ years, Franklin Display Group grew from a 6-million dollar firm to a 22-million dollar firm. During his tenure as COO, Franklin enjoyed record gross profit margins while competing with overseas markets.
North American Tool, South Beloit, IL. contracted with Bo to develop, and establish a separate Division (Group United Corp.) for additional revenue and profit. “Mission Accomplished” management responsibilities were transferred to new team at North American Tool. (2007-2012)
Rock Valley College / Created Leadership Innovation
- Since 1993, Bo taught Management/Leadership/Business certificate courses with the Business & Professional Institute of Rock Valley College. Throughout the years, he has maintained high student evaluation ratings. 4+ on a 5 pt. scale
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Rock Valley College established a Skills Development program, beginning in 2012; Bo spearhead this project, using coordination, negotiation, and interpersonal skills. This partnership extended into 2016.
- The seating of a former RVC President created a management gap and Bo was named one of two Vice Presidents working with the Outreach programs including Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), and NIU Eiger Lab in Rockford.
- A substantial number of Rockford business clients called upon Bo's training and development expertise for the purpose of employee development and increased efficiency. His personal mission and focus are Management/Leadership development through Workforce Development. A few of the most recent clients are Rockford Park District, UIC Medical School at Rockford, Leadership and Cust. Svc., Woodard, Guinite, Parker-Fanin, Rockford Orthopedic, PNC Bank, Northwest Bank, All Rock Valley Directors in a 9-course Leadership program 2013-2014.
Bo graduated from Virginia Wesleyan University with a Bachelor of Science in Biology/English. In additon, he earned his Master of Science: Enterprise Organizational Communication Graduate School of Management, Maticulated, in 1997.
Contact Growth Dimensions with questions at 815.547.4252 or by email at email@example.com.