Belvidere-Boone County has the workforce you’re looking for!
Boone County is part of the Rockford Metropolitan Statistical Area, which has a primary labor force of 166,000. The region’s secondary labor shed extends even farther, with 435,000 workers within 30-40 minutes.
|Labor Market Charecteristics|
|Rockford MSA||Boone County|
|Primary Labor Force||165,984||25,844|
|Source: Illinois Department of Employment Security, 2012 annual average|
According to a 2011 Labor Shed Analysis by Foote Consulting Group, there are approximately 50,000 available workers within 20 miles of the region, including the unemployed, underemployed and those willing to take comparable jobs closer to home.
Existing employers noted “the great work ethic and labor pool here” in the FCG analysis. Some other comments from employers about labor availability and quality include:
• “Highly experienced management and supervisors.”
• “Rockford has a great skill base and a great work ethic and even has diversity!”
• “It is a great place to do business, airport is great, and it is a central location with great employees and definitely many educational opportunities.”
• “People in the Rockford area know how to work!”
Boone County’s strategic location between Rockford and the Chicago region allows employers to pull from a diverse labor force.
Boone County is a manufacturing center, with nearly half the jobs here in manufacturing – a concentration five times that of the U.S. There are approximately 6,000 working in the manufacturing sector in Boone County, according to Census 2011 data. Boone County boasts a strong concentration of transportation equipment manufacturing, making its labor force suitable for a variety of advanced manufacturing operations.
- The Workforce Connection- Services available free of charge at The Workforce Connection offices in Rockford, Belvidere and Freeport include: computer and internet access job search and resume assistance the latest local and national job listings help with on-line job applications career information, including Career Cruising access to copy and fax machines, telephone and printer information about job training