Entrepreneurial & Small Business Development Strategies Course
May 04 • 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
International Economic Development Council »
Time: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Explore the core aspects of entrepreneurial and small business development. In this course, you will learn the financial and managerial tools economic developers use to create a climate that encourages entrepreneurial and small business development. Practitioners will examine the barriers they face and how communities can leverage their economic development resources to build highly integrated networks to help businesses thrive in the global economy.
- Identifying and addressing the needs of entrepreneurs
- Defining urban- vs. rural-focused entrepreneurial and small business strategies
- Managing technical assistance (e.g., economic gardening) programs
- Development and management of business incubators
- Understanding federal and state government resources (e.g., SBDCs)
- Financing programs including microlending, venture capital, and angel networks
- Creating a technical assistance tracking system to measure job growth, etc.